Terms & Conditions
I understand that I am applying for membership of the Australian Services Union (ASU) and the relevant state registered union, hereby referred to as the Union. I authorise the Union to act on my behalf in respect of any negotiations, discussions or proceedings whatsoever relating to the terms and conditions of my employment or proposed employment; and to be given access to all documentation relating to my employment or proposed employment, including any type of employment contract, workplace agreement, enterprise agreement or other industrial instrument. This authority remains in force until I revoke it in writing.
I understand that the information I provide will be used in accordance with the Union's Privacy Statement.
I understand that ASU membership fees are altered from time to time and I will be notified of any such changes before they take effect in accordance with ASU rules.
I agree to abide by the rules of the ASU and the relevant state registered union as amended from time to time.
Pre-existing issues or problems at your workplace
I understand that the Union may wish to discuss with me a pre-existing issue or concern, or may choose not to assist me with my pre-existing issues or problems.
I understand that my ASU Branch will correspond with me either by mail and/or email at my preferred address with union news or other union matters. If I wish to opt out of receiving information about special offers for union members, I will contact my Branch after membership has been confirmed.
Direct Debit Authority
I authorise ASU NSW ACT Service Branch User ID number 063003 to arrange for funds to be debited from my / our account at the financial institution identified below through the bulk electronic clearing system (BCES). This authorisation is to remain in force in accordance with the terms prescribed in the service agreement
1. The debit user to verify the details of the above mentioned account with my/our financial institutions.
2. The financial institution to release information allowing the debit user to verify the above mentioned account details.
We understand and acknowledge that:
1. The debit user may, in its absolute discretion, determine the order of priority of payments if any of any monies pursuant to this request or any authority mandate.
2. The debit user may, in its absolute discretion, at any time by notice in writing to me/us terminate this request as to future debits.
3. The debit user may by prior arrangement and advice to me/us, vary the amount or frequency of future debits.