Our FDV fact sheet is now available in multiple languages.
From the 1st of February 2023, 11 million workers will have access to 10 days paid domestic violence leave.
The campaign for 10 days paid domestic violence leave was started by ASU members working on the frontline in women’s services. Congratulations to all union members and frontline workers for this historic campaign win!
Click the banner to download the factsheet and learn more about how you can access this entitlement.
Trade unions can use the Free Interpreting Service to access interpreting services delivered by TIS National, including:
- immediate phone interpreting
- pre-booked phone interpreting
- pre-booked on-site interpreting.
Immediate phone interpreting is most useful for unplanned interactions. It provides:
- access to more than 2700 interpreters in more than 150 languages
- interpreting services 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- connection to an interpreter within a few minutes of calling
- Pre-booked phone interpreting is useful for planned interactions, such as member meetings or events, or if you need to request a less common language.
When phone interpreting is not suitable, TIS National can arrange an interpreter to arrive onsite for a face-to-face appointment. This may be important when you have a group of people needing the same language interpreter, when you are discussing complex ideas or when you anticipate that the appointment will go for an extended period of time. On-site interpreter bookings must be for a minimum of 90 minutes.